Friday, January 23, 2009

Hawkman Sketch -- Ken Landgraff


Our sketch this week is by Ken Landgraf.  In addition to doing animation and storyboard work, Ken has done Hawkman and Hawkgirl in World's Finest for DC, as well as some Unexpected, Superman, and Nightwing and Flamebird stuff. For Marvel, Ken worked on some Hulk and Wolverine features.  You can check out his website at Kendlandgraf.com.

I really like classic, simple lines of this piece.  The colors are really nice, but I think this would have looked just as good with only the pencils.  Although, without the color, we wouldn't have Shiera's awesome red hair, which I am sure will please certain readers of this blog.  The oversized Honor Wings on Hawkman's helmet is an interesting take.  I'm not sure how that would work in a series of panels, but I like it in this sketch.  

Disclaimer: I do not own or have possession of this sketch.  It is being reposted from the cited website only.

Image: Hawkman sketch, 2008, Ken Landgraff, retrieved from Comic Sketch Gallery.

1 comment:

rob! said...

that's a really nice piece!