Monday, September 28, 2009

Image: Australian Happy Meal Box


Novel little item here from the Land Down Under, where women glow and men plunder.  Can you hear, can you hear the thunder?  You'd better run, you'd better take cover.

Errr.  Anyways.  This Happy Meal box features several DC heroes of the day, including our own Katar Hol.  Actually, considering this is art for a fast food promotional box, I rather like the way that Hawkman is portrayed here.  Of course, I am partial to this uniform so I'm probably just more prone.  Wonder Woman and Flash look sharp too, though notice that the artist did not bother to fill in the white space in Diana's lasso.  Aquaman and GL's 90s looks really haven't aged as nicely as Hawkman to my eye.  Unfortunately, Hawkman is not the hero who wins the Speed Challenge.  

I picked up this image from rob over at The Aquaman Shrine,  who in turn got it from one of his F.O.A.M. members Jay Hernandez.  rob can hunt this stuff down with his network of informants like nobody's business.  I swear, this guy is like The Shadow if The Shadow was a superhero blogger.

Image: Australian Happy Meal box, 2003, retrieved from The Aquaman Shrine.

No comments: