Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Pop Funk DC Originals Hawkwoman T-shirt


Figured it was about time I showcased this nifty t-shirt, the only one I have ever seen to feature Shayera and only Shayera.  I am torn on the use of the Hawkwoman moniker; in one sense, it is a little more mature sounding and she did sport it for a long time, but on the other hand, more people know her as Hawkgirl.  So that's a toss up.

The light blue is an interesting color choice, but I think it works.  Perhaps not as well as the sand color on Pop Funk's Hawkman t-shirt, but I think the blue will look better on the ladies.  The image is a classic Hawkgrrrr... Hawkwoman pose, and the presence of the mace and the birdies are both nice touches.  I like also how her costume is feminine without being a bikini or something, but that's a general compliment to the character and not this shirt specifically.

Maybe if I order the Hawkman one for myself, I'll get this one for my wife?  Yeeeeeeeaaaaaah, I think not.

Image: DC originals Hawkwoman t-shirt detail, 2008, retrieved from Pop Funk.

1 comment:

Saranga said...

That is nice.. I'd like it.