Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Waiting In The Wings -- 5/23/2012

So is there any comics coming out this week which feature one of the Winged Wonders?  I suppose there might be one...

The Savage Hawkman #9 -- All of the time for hype and hoopla is over; the rubber meets the road today (or, when my box arrives in my case).  What will the future of our Savage hero be?  Will Rob Liefeld and company be the one to get the Winged Wonder into the big time?  Or will it be another footnote in the long history of the character?  It all starts here.  I thought that Liefeld's writing work on Hawk And Dove was promising, and his teases have been somewhat interesting.  Bennett's pencils look like a perfect fit for the physical stories the solicits have promised, and his Hawkman has looked powerful and rugged in the previews.  So yeah, I'm excited about this new creative team and I hope others are excited about it as well.

What do you think folks?  Will you be checking out the new creative team on Savage Hawkman?

No comments: